Friday, December 08, 2006

Bronte and Button Hook Blouses

"How are you doing?"

Bronte was in my office today, inquiring about the state of my sinus infection. It was a rather ironic question coming from someone whose ankle was in a cast. Ended up she had chipped a bone instead of breaking the ankle, which is something anyway. At least her swims up to the pool bar will be unimpeded when she goes on vacation week after next.

I ordered the Body Ecology diet book today along with a supplement for my liver. I really need to get back on my hypoallergenic regime and I think alkalizing my system will go a long way towards helping with that. I'm going to give it a shot anyway as I really can't continue the way I'm going. I'm not getting any younger and the only way I'm going is downhill if I don't start protecting my health.

We had another resignation at work yesterday. Bronte and I were talking about it and I said that I had just decided to go with the flow. There wasn't anything I could do about it, the sitch is tough, but it could be tougher, and at the end of the day management not only knows about the issues but they are working on a plan to move us forward. Really what else is there? What is the point in worrying?

I saw our new website in action today. It's amazing to see it all start to come together. All the work, the sweat, the toil. It was a great feeling.

I also downloaded "Im Nin'Alu" by Ofra Haza today. This song popped into my head for some reason and I remember how I absolutely LOVED this song when I was a kid. I don't even know half the words because they are sung in Hebrew [I believe]. Well whatever language it is, I don't know it. It's still a kickass song.

I ended up sending Bronte "Freakazoid". Remember that? I know y'all do! She asked me if I had "Word Up" or "Wild Wild West". Oh the oooyee cheesey goodness of it all. To my shame I didn't have these two, but I think I redeemed myself by sending "Bass, How Low Can You Go?"

"I DON'T CARE! CALL THE COPS!"

Heh.

What else?

Oh yes, I went to H&M today to look for office shirts/tops whatever. I tried on a size 16 of a blouse I REALLY wanted and it was just a little to snug, not "sassy check my curves" snug, more like "every which way but loose" snug. I knew pretty much right away that the other colour wouldn't work and you know what I did? I just stood there in the dressing room for a few seconds, then I took the time and trouble to do up all the hooks on the blouse I had tried on, then I just looked at the walls and stuff. Why? Cause I didn't want to have that speedy "clothes don't fit do they?" departure from the dressing room. I wanted it to be more of a "I'm sorry, but having carefully perused myself from every angle possible, I have made the determination that this clothing is simply not suitable for me" departure.

Somewhat disheartened I went to Chapters/Indigo to see if I could get my Body Ecology book there. I ended up needing some assistance and the dude that helps me looks me up and down and says "Wow! Great outfit! You look sharp."

Whaaaaaaaaa????

I just said "Oh. Thank you." My gaydar was a little off. I couldn't tell if he was an effusive sister, or if he was hitting on me. Seriously. I had no idea. Still, I was grateful for it. It cheered me up.

1 comment:

The Brown Blogger said...

Golf clap and eyebrow raise...