Sunday, December 03, 2006

Great Moments In Bargain History

Friends, Romans is proud to present yet another installment of its exclusive series, Great Moments in Bargain History.
Yesterday I dragged [and I do mean dragged] my ass out to get some groceries. I decided to go the Loblaws just up from my house. Next to it is a Zellers [the Canadian equivalent to Walmart for the information of my stateside visitors.]

I had stayed late at work Friday night to get some Christmas shopping done online and mulled over the idea of ordering my niece's Easy Bake Oven from Toys R Us. But I was tired, wanted to get home and decided to order it on Monday.

Now I never go in to this particular Zellers, but my thought at the time was that they more than likely had the Easy Bake Oven, it was right there, so was I, and ultimately it would be a quick and expedient way to knock one more item off my holiday shopping list. If they didn't have it, cool. It only meant spending five extra minutes having a look.

I walk in the door, only to be presented with a sign hanging over box after box of Easy Bakes saying "DOOR CRASHER SPECIAL: EASY BAKE OVENS 60% OFF!!!

I'm sorry.

I really need to relive that moment again.

I walk in the door, only to be presented with a sign hanging over box after box of Easy Bakes saying "DOOR CRASHER SPECIAL: EASY BAKE OVENS 60% OFF!!!

Yes. 60%.

That's

I said

Can I get a







Unbelievable! Even comin' down the homestretch of '06, Zesty's bargain finding prowess remains undiminished and in full effect Romanship!

Now say it with me y'all:

HUZAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say?...the lowest price is the law....