Mine was pretty darn good.
I took Jerry to the vet on Saturday. He’s been acting very anxious and despite the fact that he was climbing on me and digging his claws into my back, he was a very good boy. I should get blood results for him soon.
Why am I telling you this? I have no idea. But I pay no attention to the fact that the blogosphere equivalent of “jumping the shark” is to mention your cat in a blog.
Franklin D. Roosevelt. I have six of them. It’s a minor miracle when they don’t get mentioned!
At any rate, the weekend weather was glorious, about to tip into fall. The air is still warm and the sun low enough to cast a shimmer on everything. Beautiful.
I’m afraid anemia brain has struck. I can’t remember anything else about Saturday.
Sunday I went to the farmer’s market that Ragdoll and I visited last week. I went to the same fruit stall and loaded up on a basket of mixed plums, jersey mac apples and peaches. I then got half a dozen corn cobs, some sweet potato muffins [muffins y’all!] and sheep milk cheddar with chipotle. Seriously, this cheese is Oh.Mah.Guh. and it’s sheep milk, which is basically the only milk I don’t have some kind of sensitivity to. I also got a loaf of wonderful spelt bread and a spelt chocolate chip cookie. Hey, a girl’s gotta live. And all this for $35.00!!!
Then I got a lovely coffee at Balzac’s, went home to enjoy it with my cookie and then proceeded to clean out our fridge. Granted, that took me about two and a half hours, because I frankly just needed to pace myself. Ragdoll called me and I was out of breath, from…you know….moving the egg carton to the right or some shit and she rightly warned me not to over do it. But the fridge needed to be cleaned, and I was happy when it was done.
Then I cleaned the fruit and placed in these lovely bowls my mum bought me from Pottery Barn so it could ripen. Rather artistique, n’est pas?


Then I made the Marine [who had been working] a fine meal of sweet corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and shake ‘n’ bake chicken.
And at the end of it all I was exhausted, but anemia be damned. It was nice to have a day that felt well used, know what I mean jellybeans?
No comments:
Post a Comment