Before I go into a summary of my evil plans for 2006, I thought it important to take a look back at the year that was. Sure, 2005 had its fair share of heartbreak, turmoil and pains in the ass, but overall it wasn't too damn shabby.
Here is my review of all the good things 2005 brought my way.
I went on a trip to Aruba in the middle of winter.
Two of the "dead" roses that my Mum gave me from her garden bounced back to life in mine and overall, the backyard was looking pretty damn good over the summer.
The Marine and I bought Sister Myrtle's barbeque as she had gotten a new one. As a result, we enjoyed grilled veggies, burgers etc all summer.
I not only got a new job, but a new career.
Then I got a raise.
Then I got another raise [All hail the job evaluation committee!]
The people I work with are totally awesome.
I didn't gain weight and in fact, lost about five pounds this year.
I started a blog of my own and started reading others, an experience I have found to be insightful, informative and sometimes just damn funny. To my fellow bloggers, I shall steal a quote of Oliver Reed's and simply say "Gladiators, I salute you."
I discovered the joys of yoga. [Thanks Guru!]
I found a loving home for the cat formerly known as Toby [now Ziggy].
Cookie came out of his shell. Our "Jekyll and Hyde" cat, has gone from constantly hiding under the bed to jumping on my lap and purring at every opportunity.
I learned to drive standard. [Again, thanks Guru!]
I got a new car.
I taught my niece Rosy how to play dominos.
I started to conquer my depression once and for all.
Ragdoll got married.
Chudleigh's Feline Urilogical Syndrome didn't come back and he has now gone over one year without being in pain.
I got the Oprah DVD set for Christmas.
I was reminded time and time again of the value of good friends and a caring family.
Tomorrow, Friends, Romans brings you an exlusive sneak preview of what 2006 has in store.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And we found that the IFOA can in fact be a really fun thing to do. Cheers to 2006!
Post a Comment