Monday, January 16, 2006

Ponderables

I wrote myself a list of things to touch on in this blog and it was funny checking it just now. It was written about a week ago, pre-work schedule implosion. The list was as follows:

Lee Valley opening on King Street.
James Frey - who cares
Allergies
Getting enough sleep

Well, since then I discovered that I actually did care enough about the Frey debate to weigh in, and this past weekend I certainly got more than enough sleep. As for allergies, this is part of my Operation Pudge Nudge ruminations, which I shall fill you in on later.

So that's leaves two other items of note. The first is the opening of a new Lee Valley store on King Street West in Toronto. At last! No more 40+ minute drives up to Steeles avenue. This store is not so much for people who take pride in their home, as for those who take PUH. RIDE. in their homes.

Also, a major shout out to Yazmar a complete stranger from the blogosphere who took the time and trouble to leave a comment on my blog. I honestly though I was forever alone in my love of the back-in-tha-day ratchet synth, sparkle funk of the eighties. Nice to know I am not alone in my adoration of Loose Ends, and this whole scene in general.

Seriously. I'll be your Freakazoid. C'mon and wind me up y'all.

Anyway, if you're looking for all things funky, soulful, insightful and sometimes just damn funny, check this blog out.

No comments: