Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Coulda Been A Contendah

It occurred to me this evening that I really should have posted my thoughts on A Million Little Pieces when I read it. I enjoyed the book tremendously, but at the same time, found aspects of the book to be maudlin and predictable. Aspects such as the mafiaso with a heart of gold, the tragic unsavable girlfriend, the chronic swearer who substitutes alternate words to comic affect, etc, etc. In short, it struck me as the kind of book written to have its screen rights bought.

Of course, given the recent controversy that's arose [thanks to Ragdoll for the heads up on this btw] I look pretty silly saying that now, don't I?

Still, TSG has some solid gold cahones for publishing a lawyer's letter, particular one with clear instructions not to desseminate. It will be very interesting to see how this all pans out.

For the time being, I'm going to let the facts unfold and reserve judgement.

But this has given me another 2006 goal. I really enjoy Ragdoll's book reviews, so I'm going to post mine here too.

Of course, there is the minor complication of actually having to read something.

No comments: