So I cooked dinner this evening, which consisted of Shake 'N' Bake chicken [original flavour - we're strictly old school in that regard] and peas.
There's something in our oven, some old remnant of something I have repeatedly ignored and now our downstairs is completely smoke filled. Serves me right.
But dinner was good and I needed some protein as I had yet another episode of "Five Minute Flu" late today. This is when I get a fever and aches all over my body, a runny nose and swollen glands, all lasting a few minutes. My immune system is obviously in favour of a Blitzkrieg approach to viral control.
It also occurred to me tonight that while shopping for the aforementioned chicken this evening, my grocery cart may be a sign of impending doom.
In my cart was chicken, Shake 'N' Bake, 2 packs of coffee, half 'n' half, a loaf of bread, chocolate fudge cookies and gingerale. The fact the bread was 12 grain and the chocolate fudge cookies were organic are the only things that saved me from certain white trash implosion.
At any rate, I am somewhat in shock this evening having returned to my first real day of work since the onset of the holidays. As much as I enjoy my job and using the ol' noggin', I must admit that today was one of those days where I hoped my children's book would be a million seller so that I can retire to the country. Some days, I just don't think I'm cut out for the corporation, not so much in skills, but in temperment.
Ah well. My mortgage has to get paid somehow.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment