"My decadence knows no bounds." - Barbara Amiel
This weekend reached levels of decadence not seen in quite some time
Saturday, I slept in until Noon. NOON.
I NEVER do that.
But for whatever reason, I started to get out of bed at 8:30 a.m. and my brain said "Y'all crazy?" Thus I went back to bed and arose feeling like a new woman. I then spent the rest of the day in my PJ's and read my new Diana Gabaldon book A Breath of Snow and Ashes, my first book of the year. I also accomplished one of my New Year's Revolutions by consuming a pomegranate. Can you believe it only took one hour?
Mary, Mother of Jeffrey what conceivable purpose, other than being delicious, does this fruit serve? Perhaps God was feeling frivolous during Big Bang week and decided to create nature's equivalent of the Russian Nesting Doll. Just when you think you've eaten all the seed pods, there's more.
Today, I slept in again, had a marvellous breakfast courtesy of the Marine and then headed out to see the Duke for coffee and a trip to Indigo this afternoon. The only hiccup was enroute as I stopped in at the local recreation centre [again] to get my membership only to be told [again] that I couldn't register. Last time I was there I was told I could register on Sundays, if I had cash. Today I was told that all registration on Sundays is verbotten. Oh well. I decided that even though my first major assault against the forces of pudge had been tharwted, I would have my vengeance. After a lovely afternoon of cafe mocha and comradery, I got some groceries on the way home, taking a moment to pull over and marvel at the full moon. It hung so low in the sky it was like a peach for the picking.
I have only now just finished a stellar meal of mushroom/olive pizza, a small side of spaghetti with sauce and baby spinach salad [in olive oil with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper for good measure.] And why I'm telling you this, I have NO idea.
Such a simple yet glorious weekend. Usually I spend a lot of time running around getting things done, which is great. But sometimes you just need to slack the hell off. I would say that my weekend has made me more than ready for the week ahead, but why tempt fate?
I'll simply acknowledge the great luxury of the odd 48 hours scrumptously all to oneself, and get ready for Monday.
Or as my maternal grandmother so aptly put it, "Aw well. Back tae auld clathes and porridge."
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment