Now, I know what you've all been thinking. What on earth ever became of Zesty's hair situation?
You will of course recall my summary of New Year's Revolutions, one of which was to find a hairdresser that did not profoundly annoy me and actually gave my hair a good cut. [Never say I don't have my priorities straight.]
I have been in pursuit of ephemeral pixieism for going on 18 months now and had just about given up hope. I have endured buzz cuts, shags [the haircut kind], mop tops and generalized scruffiness. As the Duke so eloquently puts it, having a bad haircut is like wearing a bad outfit for six weeks.
So I discovered a salon by my work, and given its proximity I thought what the hell.
Dear Reader, if anyone ever tells you there is no such thing as miracles, think of this blog post and tell that person they are wrong.
I got exactly the cut and colour that I wanted. Lisa my new hairdresser is awesome. I told her what I wanted and her reaction was "well that ain't the cut you got!"
She's telling me. So given that I'm almost out of shampoo, I'm going to treat myself to some salon stuff shortly. Two New Year's Revolutions accomplished in one month.
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooh I'd really like to see a pic of that! That's why I have dreads, too many hair disappointments, and bad stylists.
a good hair cut is worth a million bucks! it took me years to find someone i trust to do my hair here in LA, now i spend less days looking like a mop!
Post a Comment