Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dis, Dat and Dose

Well firstly, Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Hope it's been a nice one.

I myself lost complete track of the holiday dealing with work stuff today. Seriously. Schedule has ramped up big time and I feel like I'm in a marathon. But at the same time I'm learning so much that it's not so bad despite how tiring it gets some days. Remember: When the going gets tough, the tough get Neo Citran. God I love that stuff.

The Marine has recovered well and fully thank Goodness. In his fevered delirium last night, however, he informed me that he'd hidden a bag of chocolate covered almonds in the pot rack. He had no idea why he did this apparently, but no doubt, such is my obsession with aforementioned almonds that it was most certainly to barter for lewd sexual favours at a later date.

Sing it with me Ladies!

Choco-nuts I want you
Choco-nuts I need you
Whoah-oh!

I did have some almonds later, but only a few. It put the lotion in the basket.

Gotta watch the caffeine threshhold tonight though. Bronte got me a coffee mid-afternoon, which I of course drank and now I have that bone-tired-wide-awake thing you get when you're completely buzzed. How wonderful to have so much mental energy to realize how tired I am. Sigh.

I'd planned to go to the Rec centre last night for my orientation before the Marine's malaise hit. What the orientation consists of I don't know, but I can't use the facilities until I get one. I swear, if it's just a "this the weight room" and "this is the way to the pool" thing I'll be right ticked. I'd go tonight, but I'm just too damn tired. I will have to make it happen this week though as part of my Pudge Nudge initiative because it is essential.

Sing it with me Ladies!

Keep on movin'
Keep on movin' don't stop
Noooooooooooooo
Keep on movin'

In other Zesty news, it is the most wonderful time of the year. I refer of course, to the annual publication of Martha Stewart's Living Gardening Issue. Some people use the equinox. I use this issue to signal the true arrival of spring.

I've noticed that the sun lamps Chantal gave me for my garden are now well lit when it gets dark. In January, they would just feebly glint for 20 minutes with the amount of daylight being so anemic. It's nice to see proof positive that the world is truly turning on its axis.

Sing it with me Ladies!

Been around the world and I, I, I.
I can't find my babaaaaay
I don't know when, I don't know why
Why he's gone away
And I don't know where he can be, my baby
But I'm gonna find him!

Also, a thank you to Miss Ahmad and Butterfly Jones for leaving comments. It's always nice to hear from readers.

Hell. It's nice to know there are readers!

Later.

4 comments:

indigo herself said...

i loved the songs in this post, miss u muchly, keep on sing'in girl.

Gallis said...

INDIGO!! Where you at girl?? Get bloggin' again! I miss you!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

thanks for the shout out! we're here reading away!

Butterfly Jones said...

Yeah many thanks for the big-up and for stopping by. Butterfly Jones