Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Operation Pudge Nudge: Smart, But Feeling Dumb

So I was back at work today and of course, in the foulest of moods. I always am at this time of year. It's been a decidedly warm winter and still, spring can't come soon enough. Even more frustrating is the fact that you can feel it in the air. It's slightly more moist than usual, and you can smell things like soil and dead leaves.

I am also going through my twice yearly "nervous breakdown". I get this when Fall becomes Winter and when Winter turns to Spring. I'm beside myself, unable to sleep, constantly fatigued and generally feeling coo-coo for cocoa puffs. But if the earth is turning on its axis, it seems reasonable that it may be affecting me.

To wit, I had for lunch today a bag of chocolate covered almonds, accompanied by a perusal of this week's latest issue of The Star. Not a good sign. I typically don't buy tabloids unless my brain is in serious need of bubblegum. Today was such a day. I stood in Dominion [which I've always found to be a ridiculous name for a food store chain. It's kind of like "Honey, I'm going to Overlord for bread. Need anything?"] and looked at the chicken caesar I had picked up and realized that if I had one more piece of romaine lettuce I was going seriously lose it. Frankly, I just felt like almonds and chocolate. A bit of protein, a bit of sass if you will. They served me well this afternoon, keeping me going.

I know this is not the best food choice, but it's not as if I'm in the habit of having chocolate for lunch every day. I actually didn't feel hungry at all but knew I needed to eat. Chocolate almonds were about all I felt like. So, not a great moment in Pudge Nudge lore, but I'm just going to move on from it.

In the meantime I have compiled my Pudge Nudge Mix for working out. Let me know what you think.

WARNING: CHEDDARITIS ADVISORY IN FULL AFFECT

(Keep Feeling) Fascination - Human League
8 Easy Steps - Alanis Morrissette
Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry
Don't Cha - The Pussycat Dolls
Ever 1's a Winner - Hot Chocolate
Flawless (Go to the City) - George Michael
Get Your Number - Jermaine Dupri/Mariah Carey
Whatcha Gonna Do For Me? - Chaka Kahn
I Believe in You - Kylie Minogue
If - Janet Jackson
It's Not Right, but It's OK [Thunderpuss Remix] - Whitney Houston
Jump - Madonna
Lick It Up - Kiss
Love Is - Alannah Myles
Jump [For My Love] - The Pointer Sisters
Mountains - Prince
My Humps - The Black Eyed Peas
Obsession - Animotion
Queen Bitch - David Bowie
Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin' Criminals
Stand Back - Stevie Nicks
Super Freak - Rick James
Think - Aretha Franklin
This Is the Right Time - Lisa Stansfield
Tom's Diner - DNA & Suzanne Vega
Turn It On Again - Genesis
When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around - The Police
Work To Do - Vanessa Williams
You Win My Love - Shania Twain

This is enough music to keep my booty in boogie mode for two hours. With the quiet strength of Kylie and the fury of Chaka, the forces of flab shall be defeated!

2 comments:

Butterfly Jones said...

That is one seriously diverse and funky workout list. You had me at Human League. Love it. What no Prince? You've Got The Look is a great workout choon. And I love that Vanessa Williams, that's a cover right? Still it's good.

I made a Fatburner Selection recently - pure hi-energy hip-hop and r 'n' b, definitely makes fighting the flab less painful.

Anonymous said...

ok so this is ya playlist huh..um honey where is Mary J up in all that there?lol