Monday, January 07, 2008

Buster Brown Redux

Re: my hair, the Marine thinks I look more like this:



Had a visit this morning with Manny, God of Osteopathy and I feel like a new woman. He's in Yorkville, one of the "hoity toity" areas of town, and I always like parking on Hazleton Lane because one it's free and two it's beautiful. I left early this morning just to give myself enough time to find a parking spot. We're in our yearly January thaw, but this year it's crazy - a high of 12 degrees Celcius. Typically it only nudges above zero.

So being early, I just sat in the car for a while and watched the world go by. I saw a gardener trundling by with hedge clippers and a small, wippet of a man delivering dry cleaning to a home. All this while reveling in the soothing sound of falling rain on the car roof [in the month of January no less] and relishing the fact I wasn't at work and actually had a moment to take in this small parcel of the world as it went about its business.

In the day to day of work, you accept the rest of the world goes on. It's quite a nice reminder to actually see it doing so. So as I walked to my appointment, past the gutted, mid-reno houses and the corpses of disposed Christmas trees, I felt more committed than ever to my goals this year.

Here's to an office free future.

No comments: