The chill during rehearsal Sunday caught up with me today. I awoke around 5 a.m. with my throat entertaining an itch, as if someone was lightly drawing a toothpick along the back of my throat. I managed to get back to sleep, but sneezed myself awake. A good night’s sleep and a hot bath should put things to right soon enough. I feel run down, but not sick if that makes any sense. Plus, I don’t have rehearsal until Thursday so I should be able to regroup. After that I’m full on right until show time.
I came back to work today to a nice surprise. My boss had gotten me an Itunes certificate so I was able to purchase the soundtrack for Starter for 10. It’s another one of James McAvoy’s movies that I would highly recommend. Granted, it’s somewhat formulaic [new freshman adrift at Uni feels conflicted in love and has a crisis of confidence] but it’s so funny, so well acted and has such a killer soundtrack that it manages to make a standard story soar. And the scene where McAvoy’s character Brian Jackson goes to the Tarts and Vicars party and dances in the doorway is worth the rental cost of the DVD alone. It’s pure and endearingly high comedy people.
Anyway, the soundtrack contains some of my favourite 80’s joints: The Hurting by Tears for Fears, Long Hot Summer by the Style Council, Love My Way by the Psychedelic Furs and the always classic Situation by Yaz. Listening to them as I partook of my umpteenth lozenge today made me somewhat nostalgic and conflicted.
I had a job interview on Friday for a gig in another division. It appeals and despite being a mat leave, would provide a lot of challenge and good career progression. Plus I wouldn’t have to leave a company I really like working for. My artistic ambitions aside, I’ve decided not to let my current career flounder, but I’m still a little torn because I really like the people I work with.
But I felt today like I feel most days at work: bored and tired. And I’m hoping that today, it was just because I’m fighting off a cold.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment