Been on vacation this week and have next week off too. I had to spend some time just catching my breath from work craziness and holiday craziness. I've been generally chillin', and avoiding computers like the plague. It's been freakin' awesome.
That being said, thank you for your patience with me. Frankly, I'm gratified that y'all miss me. It would seem that once ya had the Zest, ya can't go back to the rest! LOL!
Ahem.
So I'll be spending the next little while visiting blogs and catching up with everybody. I hope your holidays have been relaxing and your New Year is a great one.
I've been spending most of my time sleeping in, working out and watching movies. I had family from Scotland come over, who I hadn't seen in eight years so it was great to catch up with them. I've recently gotten some voice over work and am hoping to get more. I also start rehearsals for my play next week. For the next two months I'm rehearsing about three times a week.
Already, the stage fright dreams have started. In one of them, I was at the first read through except my play book was the size of War and Peace and everytime I tried to read my lines they went blurry.
Anyway, I think this experience will be tough, but very rewarding and may I just say "Oh God of Iron and Ferritin Counts, hear my prayer" LOL!
Speaking of which, saw the dawktah! about a couple of weeks ago. Iron hasn't moved at all and my Vitamin D actually went down, so I've had to double the dose of everything for the next two months. It seems to really be helping. My doctor just felt that I was using the iron and D up faster than I was taking it in. She seemed a bit concerned but I pointed out that despite what the blood work was showing, I was feeling a helluva lot better, so we had to be doing something right.
ONWARD.
Now since it is the new year, this of course brings us to New Year's Revolutions. Hell, I don't even know what I said last year.
Please hold....
Ok. I had "writing", "singing", "exercise", "renovate the basement", "eat less breaded crap".
Writing
Well again didn't get much done, but I am for sure entering a work in the Toronto Star Short Story Contest. I've got one close to done. Just needs nipping and tucking and they've moved their deadline from end of year to January 18th. Smart move.
Singing
Was too broke to keep up lessons in any meaningful way but I sing all the time so I guess that counts.
Exercise
Well I actually did pretty good on this one. I started working out, had some chest infection issues, ran that down and then got back in the saddle just before Christmas and I've been managing 3-4 days a week.
Renovate the Basement
Yeah. Me and my broke ass are laughing at that one too.
Eat Less Breaded Crap
Again, didn't do too badly here either.
For 2008 [drumroll]
I am getting an acting agent.
I am getting cast in at least one other show/musical.
I am going to pursue more voice over work and will get at least one more paying gig this year.
I am going to continue working out even if I am not seeing any weight loss.
I will take risks based on whether or not they get me closer to my goals versus getting me away from something or out of a situation.
And what the hell, let's get platinum cause it's fun:
I will get an audition for the Stratford Festival [or any other major theatre company] and I will get in.
I will win the Toronto Star Short Story Contest.
If the Stones tour this year, I'll be a back up singer! Heh!
In other Zesty news, I got my haircut today. Now I look like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment