Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Penny Saved

Friends, Romans is proud to introduce a new exclusive:

Great Moments in Bargain History

In this day of unfettered consumerism, I feel it is important to celebrate the frugal and diligent hunter of the retail realm. Feel free to contact me via email with your own stories (you can access this by viewing my profile) and you too can have your budgetary triumph chronicled here for the ages.

Our most recent bargain bonanza relates to my pursuit of a stainless steel garbage can for the kitchen. Our other bin just wasn't cutting it. On and on I travelled to Zellers, to Walmart, to Homesense. The average price seemed to be $45.00.

Then last Saturday, fortune aided me. We were at Canadian Tire. The Marine was checking out car parts; I myself was in pursuit fabric softener. And there it was! Stainless steel foot pedal lidded garbage cans on sale for $24.99!

HUZAH!

No comments: