Monday, August 15, 2005

Sunday

Today was one of those lovely Sundays where the sky is overcast, the air is warm and the rain is steady, but light. The neighbourhood had a subdued, dreamy feeling most of the day. I was glad of it. I really just needed to cocoon today. So much so that the Marine got me chocolate covered almonds, just because I wanted them. What a guy. That's love y'all.

He even did housework for me today so I could just lounge and read. We'd piled up the cat beds on the couch so he could vacuum and then we forgot to put them back. Later on, Neko ended up lying on top, the feline answer to the Princess and the Pea. It was so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh. It was one of those unexpected, silly delights that makes you guffaw at its absolute absurdity.

Speaking of cats, Toby is probably the cheekiest one I've ever met. He's getting over his dental surgery well and is starting to put on weight, which is a good thing. He's starting to feel less like a bag of coat hangers when you pet him. It will be interesting to see if his level of cheekiness increases as he recovers.

Last night I went out to feed Jerry. He's a cat my neighbour is adopting and we're taming him slowly but surely. I don't think he was too happy with me. He'd scored a raw sausage, which I proceeded to take away from him. I left a big pile of kibble for him, but I could tell he was debating whether or not to follow me home in trail of the sausage.

Life's like that. Just when you think you're going to score, some bastard comes along and steals your sausage. Oh well. All you can expect is a dreamy, lazy Sunday every once in a while to make up for it.

No comments: