Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Context is Everything

OK. I am the first to say that the recent mass murders in Ontario are an absolute tragedy. But, is it REALLY necessary for the The Star to publish pictures like this?



Or this:

What possible value do these pictures add to the reportage of the incident?

We're talking about the worst mass murder in Ontario history and what do we get? A pictorial essay outlining what appears to be the antics of a bunch of average beer swilling f*$kwits. The only difference between these people and my neighbours two doors down is that my neighbours don't make their living off of organized crime. Then again maybe they do. They're just smart enough [I use the term loosely] not to perform mass murder in our neighbourhood. Otherwise the yuppies would regulate on their yobbo ass.

Note to the Star: Arrests in this case were made in 24 hours. I kind of gathered we weren't dealing with a bunch of Moriarty's here. Instead, your editorial excellence has done the impossible. You made me laugh out loud at a mass murder story.

2 comments:

Brandi Love said...

hey Zest, Just stopping by, way sad post.
Hope youer having a good one.

The Brown Blogger said...

I need to subscribe to that rag. If you can make me laugh after reporting hideous things, then I need to bcome a regular reader.