Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Operation Pudge Nudge: Pontius Pilates

So I have signed up for a Pilates class! It's a new studio that's opened just down from my office. I have classes at 1:30 p.m. on Wednedays. I really enjoyed Pilates when I took it before. It's kind of like Yoga and Sesame Street combined, which is why I like it so much.

Hopefully this will help me get over my aversion to the rec centre. For some reason, I just haven't wanted to go. But I need to get over that.

It's like I was saying to the Duke yesterday. I'm so sore from gardening and I didn't really even do that much. But I'm just too out of shape and I can't ignore it anymore. I suppose that's a big reason folks don't exercise. You don't want to feel incompetent or look that way to others. You don't want to do something that's uncomfortable and difficult and that really brings home to you how you really are.

But as I told the Duke, I'm just going to take lots of epsom salts baths and will crack out the ibuprofen as needed. I've resigned myself to about 4 to 6 weeks of just feeling tired and sore as I get my activity level up.

As Yazmar says, "Without struggle, there is no progress."

1 comment:

Deanna McFadden said...

Well, when you feel up to it and stronger, we can tackle the rec centre together. I bought new sneakers for just the occasion. And at least you can take solace in the fact that you're in better shape than me m'dear. Kisses. And I hope the classes go well.