One of the things I noticed was that I was very emotional, with extreme highs and lows. My diary entries went something like this:
Monday – Our world is doomed.
Tuesday – OMG! I am so happy! I found wheat free croissants!
Wednesday – Our world is doomed.
Anyway, you get the picture. I spoke to my Pilates teacher about this at my Wednesday class. [Yes! I am still going!] Somehow, it just came up in our conversation as Travis, my classmate, was away on a business trip. My teacher said that she also teaches yoga and that she’s had people burst into tears during classes. She thinks that it’s because even though we have emotionally, spiritually and mentally dealt with events in our lives, physically we sometimes haven’t. Our bodies need to “vent” as much as our psyches do.
When she put it this way, it made total sense and I didn’t feel so loopy.
HEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAW HEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAW.
WARNING!
GYNO ALERT!
HEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!
GYNO ALERT!!
So this past week my period was coming and I had one of the weirdest episodes of PMS in Zesty lore ever.
I find that I don’t have any pre-menstrual symptoms per se. I sometimes end up walloped with cramps, but most times, I just keep on trucking. There is the odd time where I’ll feel very fatigued and irritable. Other times where I’ll have really whacked out dreams. But for the most part, nothing out of the ordinary.
This past week I had cravings like I have never had. I’m talking about ice cream. And potato chips. At the same sitting. It was unbelievable. Now chocolate is my “booster” of choice if I’m feeling sluggish, but it wasn’t that kind of craving. It was more like an “I will put a brick through a wall if I don’t get chocolate” kind of thing.
So I got some Hagan Daas Triple Fudge ice cream, upon the consumption of which I noted that I was really in the mood for salt for some reason. At that moment, the Marine remarked that he had some potato chips I was welcome to. [Do you see Dear Readers why I completely and utterly adore this man? He not only tolerates my PMSing, he ENABLES it. I so heart him.]
At any rate, once I had the potato chips, all was once again right with my world. This was Good Friday. It was on Easter Sunday as I went to bed that it occurred to me I had lost count of my days. Plus I felt a little “swollen”. Could I be pregnant I wondered? Is this why I was having crazy cravings?
Nahhhhhhh. Turns out I was just bloated from the corn starch in the custard I’d had. I hadn’t even thought to ask what was in it. Sigh.
END OF GYNO ALERT.
So what was behind this craziness? I have several theories.
I am building muscle through Pilates, hence my body is craving protein. Best then to look for sources other than ice cream.
I am moving out of a comfort zone and was subconsciously sabotaging myself.
OR
Sometimes, you just gotta live a little. I eat one of the healthiest diets of anyone I know. I don’t even drink pop. But sometimes you just need to let off some steam. So between chocolate, chips and my Friday trip to Rotten Ronnie’s, I think I’ve gotten it out of my system.
Frankly, it was probably a combination of all of the above. But I think I’m past it now. I didn’t gain any weight and frankly, feel like I’ve had some wickedly good fun.
Although I must admit at the grocery store today, fresh fruit had never looked so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment