Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Meh

So it's 3:47 a.m. and I've been bouncing round the blogosphere checking stuff out. I found in no particular order, blogs about photography, finding a lawyer, bits and bobs [seriously - one had an entry about car repairs and then a next one about the importance of Karaoke in Japanese culture] and losing weight. I left the last blogger a comment as she seemed to be getting quite discouraged.

So I am once again in the land of "Let's Wake Up Really Really Early!" I decided to just visit here for a while instead of thrashing around in bed. Sometimes I find it's just better to admit I can't sleep and get up. When I stay in bed, my mind starts thrashing around with the rest of me.

Workwise, of particular annoyance is one of our local reps who has already been talked to regarding his complete lack of people skills. Given his comments at our conference call yesterday, I'm wondering if the meeting with management specifically to address his "issues" even happened last week. This guy was just completely off tha hook - and not in a good way. I suppose I shouldn't get upset about it, but I'm getting to the point where I really resent this guy.

Part of the reason why I hate corporations so much is that you consistently encounter complete morons who are tolerated. I don't get it. I don't get how you can be so remarkably rude and obtuse and still not only get ahead, but thrive. We've all encountered these types. I think employees like this get tolerated for two reasons: 1. because no one has the guts to admit they made a mistake in hiring them or 2. No one cares about the department these people are in or manage. Sad really.

Still, I'm finding work a bit too intense these days. Too much to do, too much expected of me, etc. But to be honest, I wonder sometimes if feeling like this is due more to my general state [read: stressball generally] than anything that is actually going on. You have to keep your perspective on these things.

On the upswing, I was at last victorious in obtaining a membership at my local rec centre on Saturday! I get length swimming, cardio machines, weights and fitness classes for three months for 50 bucks. What a deal. I think hitting a treadmill with cheesy music in tow will work wonders for me and best to strike now because I don't trust Stephen Harper to let me keep it.

Funny how so many folks voted for them, yet are dumbfounded by the red wall that continues to blockade Ontario. Tories seem to be really dumbfounded by this, which I find ridiculous because the answer is simple: Mike Harris. Any political philosphy aside for a moment, I think the rest of Canada should experience a party that does too much, too soon, with minimal consultation and runs their government on Visa while they're at it. I think the reluctance to embrace a party that might do the same thing Federally is completely understandable. Ontario is still trying to recover.

There was only a 67% turnout this time around for the Federal vote. I find that shocking. Truly I do. When you think of how many people on this planet don't get to vote or think of other groups like women and minorities who had to fight tooth and nail to obtain such a basic [BASIC y'all] right, my mind boggles. But at the same time, there were probably a lot of folks who were just too damn tired to vote, or had a cynicism too well earned to think that their vote counted.

Well, sorry for the long and winding road of self-indulgence.

Long may my rec centre stand. If anything, some good long walks on the tread mill should at least stop me from waking up too early. One thing I know for sure: this witching hour crap needs to stop.

No comments: