I have invented a new word. It is: STANKOCITY.
STANKOCITY
Prounounced: stangk –ô - si - tee
Being of stank. Stinkiness of a high velocity. An enduring state of stankdom.
Stanky.
Yesterday I was in a very bad mood. Too much work, not enough brain and really just wondering what I had gotten myself into. I’d forgotten how exhausting start ups can be.
Then I came home, chilled out for a bit and decided to go to the rec centre for my orientation. When I got there, the person who would typically do this had not yet arrived for work, and at 6:15 pm was obviously late. I asked if I could hang out for a while. The desk person said yes.
After 15 more minutes of sitting there like a numpty, I asked if I could book an appointment. To make a long and rather tedious conversation short, it turned out that I didn't have to make an appointment and that I could have been using the club at any time. I needed the orientation to make sure I knew how to work the treadmill.
I’ll say that again. I needed the orientation to make sure I knew how to work the treadmill.
THE TREADMILL. Are they freakin’ serious?
Now I’m no engineer, but the concept seems pretty straight forward. Turn the treadmill on, start walking, keep the hell up, and don’t stop walking until you turn the treadmill off. Bada-bing.
Do I have it? I think I have it.
Typical Parks and Rec. “Yes, by all means wander aimlessly around our rec centre because you don’t know where the hell anything is, but for God’s sake, make sure you get your treadmill training!”
Forces of Pudgedom: 1. Zesty: nil.
So tra-la-la, Zesty heads home. I decide a hot bath is order. While I’m in the bath, the phone rings. Then while I’m getting my pj’s on about 20 minutes later, the phone rings again. So by this time I’m getting a little worried that something bad has happened.
I *69 the number and don’t recognize it. About 15 minutes later the phone goes again and it’s Ragdoll. Well something bad happened alright. Ragdoll’s house got burglarized. Yeah you read that right. Some rat bastards broke into her house and took her computer and jewellery.
Anyway, I’ll let her tell you more about it if she wishes. But as for yesterday and how it ended?
STANKOCITY in action y’all. Stankocity.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it must be contagious, i was feeling rather stank myself this week.
Post a Comment