Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Taxes, Vampires - I Sense A Theme Emerging

"Sabotage dude! " - Ragdoll

Sabotage dude.

This has become my new mantra.

Hard day at work? Sabotage dude.

Not sure I can do that last bicep curl? Sabotage dude.

This nugget of wisdom was offered by Ragdoll as we exited from watching Twilight on Sunday. [There's no point in my reviewing it given that Ragdoll already did it here.] But as we were leaving we were talking a bit more about the "convenient" plot twists, some of which bordered on the ridiculous.

There was this one part where the main character Bella returns to her ballet school because the vampire that is after her has threatened to kill her mother. So she goes. Alone. Telling no one. Of course.

Which is when Ragdoll noted its pure ridiculousness and said that basically Bella needed to get on the phone to her vampire paramour Edward and...you know the rest. LOL

In other Zesty news, my 2007 taxes are finally done. As usual the government has been sitting on a hefty refund to us. I don't know why I have this mental block with taxes. I'm such an organized person generally speaking. It's not like it's that complicated to gather my receipts and get them to my accountant. Maybe I'm just a sub-conscious neo-con.

Workouts continue to go well. Sore, but well. I've decided that I'm not auditioning for anything for the next while and I'm just focusing my extra time and energy on fitness this winter. Things are also looking up on the job front. Is that a once again fully staffed department I see looming in the distance?

No comments: