Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow Storms, Auditions and Debussy

Good news: I think I've finally beaten this sinus thing that has been riding my ass for over two weeks.

Bad news: Had to turn down the audition for that second play. Things started getting worse yesterday sinus wise and I realized that if I went to the audition and didn't get rest last night, I risked getting really ill. So I emailed and apologizing profusely let them know I couldn't consider participating. Just wouldn't have been fair to everyone involved, including myself.

Anyway, it's still pretty hectic at work as I gear up for my amazing new job at the beginning of March. More on that one later. Rehearsals continue to go well and we're now in the theatre. Despite a serious snow storm that's dumping 25 cm on us before it's done, we had rehearsal tonight. I was rewarded with the soundtrack of Debussy's Nocturnes for the ride home. Sometimes something as simple as driving in a snow storm to classical music is pure magic.

2 comments:

indigo herself said...

the new job you interviewed for? the mat leave or something else? congrats! do tell.

Deanna McFadden said...

Yes, I know those moments well.