Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh FreakOWT!

Saturday I was wrecked after my Thursday All Dayer and took some solace when I looked out the front window and saw the tulips peeking through. Great, I thought. Spring is actually here. I never believe it until the tulips show up. They just know.

Later that night I went with my friend Georgie up to Brooklyn to see a mutual friend who had broken her ankle. We had a lovely night of good food and great convo.

Heading home, the unthinkable happened.

I refer of course, to the fact that the 'CHECK ENGINE' light on my dashboard came on.

I suppose I wouldn't be upset if we hadn't just had this happen in January. To add insult to injury I cannot find my extended warranty documentation ANYWHERE, which I need in case the part is covered. Although, we're kind of beyond caring right now given that the dealership we took the car to last time is essentially populated by morons. The guy there said it was probably best not to claim anyway since if you make claims for little things, the warranty folks get suspicious.

Riiiiiiiiiight. So if you sell me a lemon, I'm under suspicion. Got it.

We're taking the car to our regular mechanic [who have since found a new locale after their old place burnt down] and we're hoping the repair isn't too much.

And hey, if it is then we'll take it to moronville. In the meantime, I'm calling the dealership I bought the car from and having them fax me a copy pronto AND I'm asking them about this "don't make a claim" b.s. I got from the other dealership.

I'm very discombobulated. I'm exhausted. It's cloudy and my sinuses feel like they're caving in with the air pressure. And I'm just not used to not being able to find things. I'm not the most organized person in the world, but I can always find things. This documentation has apparently fallen off the face of the earth. Very weird.

I'm just in debt paranoia mode. After five years of vet bills and car bills and general finanicial crap, I immediately lose it when I'm faced with the possibility of a huge repair.

And you know what will happen? I'll be freaked out over a spark plug or something utterly stupid.

Watch this space.

No comments: