My body is a temple where junk food goes to worship --- Anonymous
Everyone was surprised at work today because after a month or so of dragging my butt, I was pretty peppy. I'd gotten a really good night's sleep, albeit I had had another weird dream that I was sitting in the living room with the Marine and I looked up to see a hole in the ceiling that went all the way to the attic.
I've decided to do some research into Jungian dream analysis to see if I can start deciphering things.
Anyway, it was just as well I got some rest as I hadn't been to Pilates last week. I went today, absolutely dreading it, finding I was stronger than ever. I realize I have a very real psychological barrier to get through when it comes to exercise. My experience has conditioned me to expect a lack of progress as normal. Now that I'm making progress, it feels strange.
Although I do think my workout today was somewhat negated by the chips I had for lunch. And the chocolate bar I had for dessert. Or was it the other way around? Then Ragdoll picked me up after work to go to a preview screening of The Devil Wears Prada and we ate Rotten Ronnie's [McDonald's] on the way up.
I have an idea. Why don't I just walk around with an I/V of lard?
Sigh.
You get a bad food day once in a while. I usually bring my lunch on pilates days but didn't this week. All I can do is do better. Plus, I'm seeing this week as the countdown. to Defcon 1. Saturday I get my bloodwork/food intolerance results. I'll probably be told I'm intolerant to water and air, so part of me wants to whoop it up while I still can.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I'm on a junk food tear right now as well... It all comes to a close at the end of the month, then another fast.
I dunno, just run with whatever makes you comfy right now.
Get your balance back
Post a Comment