Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Marine, Wordsmith At Large

One of the things I love most about my spouse is his wit. Not only is his hotness second only to the sun itself, I have for the most part averaged a good belly laugh every day of the nearly nine years we've been together.

The Marine has that uncanny ability my paternal Grandfather also had, that being a knack for renaming items in a humorous manner and despite the fact that some of his renaming seemingly had no connection to its source, we all instinctively understood him. For example, we all just knew that when he spoke about that "Winnie the Pooh" on T.V. that he was referring to Oprah Winfrey.

Thus in this vain, for your enjoyment I present Marine Misnomers.

One of my favourite authors is Diana Gibaldon, who writes the Outlander series. The Marine calls her Dinah Gaboon.

LuluLemon is Foo-Foo Fun Wear

I used to eat little fibre laden treats called Bran Buddies. The Marine called them Bum Chums.

The Marine also has great turns of phrase. I really should start collecting quotes. Two of my favourites are:

"There's no way I'm going out in the rain for some goddamned psychic."

And when we got our new alarm system:

"ADT Security. Because some people are thieving f*%kers."

It's a pity he was born too late for vaudeville.

No comments: