Monday, August 18, 2008

Sing, Sing a Song

Romanship, today something happened that I had secretly reconciled myself to the possibility of never happening.

I am getting paid to sing! I bagged another voice gig and I'm doing it this week! Step by little step I am getting closer to my dream and I achieved one of my New Year's Revolutions!

I really can't believe in some ways how much my life has changed this year. I have a new job, a new hard won confidence in myself, and an acceptance that life fundamentally changes all the time. Ten years of bad luck turns in one, people you thought were good friends find other friends instead, you think you'll be in the same job forever - until you're not, relatives you thought were untouchable have strokes.

But I think fundamentally what I've "gotten" is that my life is ultimately my own responsibility. At some point, the statute of limitations on your bad childhood runs out and it's just you getting out of bed every day to make something happen.

I'm a bit tired and worn out right now, as I have a lot going on. But I'm really do feel that if I just try my best, if I just keep going, no matter what some good things will happen.

No comments: